SONNETS (FEATURED POST)




When the writer's call, nature's hears,
And the sword comes no longer at the pen, Maybe then I'll write my sonnet


When the sun stands still, and the rains whisper no more,
Nature asking where art thy souls gone,
When the mountains stand still in wonder's amaze and nature's son is reborn,
Maybe then I'll write my sonnet...


When the court knows it shines as rotten wood,
And the preachers know they speak not the truth,
When the warriors know they fight another's cause,
And battles remain a false call,
Maybe then I'll write my sonnet


When nature's daughter equals a son, And is treated as one,
When the unborn teach nature's born,
And the ejected child cries to be born,
Maybe then I'll write my sonnet


When no longer poor, the homeless become,
The servant, his master no longer in awe,
When the rockman comes to ground from Aso
And the poor man adores him also,
Maybe then I'll write my sonnet


When tales of a future forgotten come to life,
And reality gone, a fantasy defiled,
When she wakes up from her dream,
Her horror story, long forgotten as a dream,
Maybe then I'll write my sonnet


When people no longer come before the people,
And horses no longer before the rider,
When the operator, no longer before the machine comes,
And law turns not a machinery against the poor,
Maybe then I'll write my sonnet


And if I write my sonnet now,
Tears shall flow, faces fallen in shame,
A fear of the future, if we go on how,
With reckless abandon, a show of no shame.

Written and composed by
Alade Ayomide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VERSUS (Good vs Bad)

Mad men have sense

When Someone Truly Cares