WHO ARE THE THIEVES?



A loaf of bread is now an instrument of injustice,
Our unity has been slaughtered by feeds of the ravens
Still,the generation of the birds sings through our sighing,
The flocks sincerely lives while we are keeping strife.

In their old glory we still rejoice.
Unknown to them that old star is getting weaker day by day.
Old vessels on the seat of governance,
Trying to buy my future with the cheapest notes and pen,
I asked,is this the education you were given?
They turn themselves to farmers of harvest,
The land of the queen is their hidden cottage.

My teacher used to say"children are the leaders of tomorrow"
I say to you,my tomorrow has come,but my hairs are turning grey,
Is there any other tomorrow?
My certificate is being devoured by hunger.
All hail Boo-Harry.

Who are the thieves?
The fatherless lad with the passion to eat?
Fraudulent lunatic in the market?
Great midnight visitors of the rich?
Or the political oldies whose graves are begging for their visits
Who are the thieves?


Written and composed by
Kolajo Blessing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VERSUS (Good vs Bad)

Mad men have sense

When Someone Truly Cares