BROKEN HEART



You offered me your heart
After we played rough games in my flat
I'm giving you a tear
And leaving you with no care
You made me a hero
I'm leaving you as zero
It's hard to part this way
But, I just have to elope this day.

I'm afraid to say Goodbye
But, I don't want to disappear with a blatant lie
Look at me pleading behind you
The words I'm uttering are really true
See me henceforth, as nobody
Because today, I'm a new property of somebody.

I hope I can wipe these tears
And let go of your fears
But, I can only mend your heart with a sorry
That I hoped would fade off this hurtful story
Everything we shared, I've left them behind
Slap me or bite me; I don't mind
A perfect replacement, I pray soon, you'll find.

I'll forever remember you
Even though you and I are through
Our past conceived a lot
The fights we jointly fought
The eventful days on the chariot
That later made me a skilled griot.

I'm damn in love with somebody else
To my heart, you've no more got a license
I don't want to play a game of pretense
Or let you suffer from an unknown suspense
Please, take little offense
As I start a new journey crossing your fence.

NOTE: this is just a fictional poem. Not real

Written and composed by
Aliu-Ahmad Olalekan Gold

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VERSUS (Good vs Bad)

BROKEN (FEATURED POST)

When Someone Truly Cares