IN HIS HEAD (Poetry series)


POEPISODE 2

“Ade oh crown oh prince
Ife oh love without peace
I wish life would let me be
Sky God said “decree”
Mo fi asé si enu soro
I command, to you Hardship i speak raw
Loose your hold or we go to war
You keep taking me on tours but no more
In my head i am dead again
Sleep walking but still feel life’s pain
Inevitably i may strive or make gain
But till when? When will i harvest corn from grain
I have become a Sloppy leech
Ah Life!! all i know is what you teach!
Yet i flunk your tests and ditch
Oh man of God advice me, please preach
Sink or swim they watch for my head!
Will i rise above muddy water or
Die in my head?
Is it not all in my head?
Pickup from where you left off
Uncle wole is a man after my heart
He made me write and made me tough
Resilience is a virtue we lack. But
Hope!? We all have hope
Where was i?
Yes... in my head I’m a Space walker An astronaut
No air in limbo, so i put it on and around me
It must encompass and overwhelm or else i choke
Outside my head! I really can’t breath
Have you ever woken up from a bad dream and still find your self in it?
I have! Everyday fa!
Far and near cries of hungry Chaps
Running toward me with empty dirty bowls and hands
And i wake with two fresh tears one from each eye
That’s my nightmare.
Sink or swim! They want to see you wake with a smile or tear
Or could it not be me with that dirty empty bowl and hand
Or is it all in my head? I wonder.
Diaspora? Depressed? Not yet
Life simulations occurs every night
And reality everyday!
Reality muddled up enough to drive a crazy man sane and vice versa
Atare keeps coming to mind
In my Subconscious is a repressed hot spice
Ready to touch my tongue
Did i tell you i love stand under a spotlight?
Did i tell you i wished my life was a television series
Aired every other weekend from 6pm to 8pm chill time
Yes i wished i was as Hot as atare the alligator pepper
Anything i touched would be set ablaze
No I’m not depressed or in diaspora
Disappointed? Maybe. Its funny! Who isn’t these days.
This one is not in my head alone, its in everyone’s head
The idea of Greatness and stardom? You planted it on my soil
Sink or swim sir. Lets see how you all do.
While i recede to my head.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VERSUS (Good vs Bad)

BROKEN (FEATURED POST)

When Someone Truly Cares