PATRIOTISM (FEATURED POST)




Dear Lola,
So am I a traitor
Or am I a coward
Which is it tell me I'm tired of looking inwards
Some people I do not know were killed so I should surrender my life?

Two blasts yesterday occurred
On the ground was shrapnel; flaming sons spawned the children of ticking time bombs
So father the retired soldier urged me to sign up
Before I go I must inform u of this my new way forward

I leave tomorrow in my ironed uniform
Of khaki shorts and white tops, blacks gloves too
Oh! Did I tell you I now wear boots
And gone are the days where I wore expensive shoes.

Dear Lola,
Life here is fun, well not really
I've been made a fighter pilot of course I'm just in training
My dear I want to fly but this flight involves killing
I must leave now my quarter master is fast approaching.

Dear Lola,
Its been six months already
I've been commissioned so quickly
They all seem to think I'm ready
Myself and my friends
The flying thunder squad team
I'm the co-captain our leaders name is Ibrahim

Dear Lola,
Last month I killed a child
His foolish mother for a “God" released her bomb bearing child
The boy should be three at most five
I released a hail of bullets on him hidden in the sky

Dear lola,
I'm so downcast and sad
I murdered Ibrahim well they're calling it “fragged"
We were on an assignment and doing a pincer maneuver
He was to go below he went a over I guess I blame his gear.

Dear Lola,
You won't believe today I was nearly killed
I was shot in the chest but your pocket bible felt it
As I fell from the shock into a ditch
I imagined what it would be like to die in this pit.

Dear Lola,
I've been promoted for taking out a top terrorist
Although these days I think we are the real terrorists
You see I recently started thinking
And killing leads to killing, revenge is a cycle.

I'll write to you no more because I'm coming home
Can you believe it? Its been five years I promise we'll go to Rome
I've killed for a cause I know nothing about
Traded my humanity for patriotism and some gold karats

_Dear miss Lola Esan,Captain Emmanuel Esan is dead His convoy bringing him to the airport was blown away by a fighter jet when we tried to rescue him he just smiled and said to tell you “poetic justice"_

_Signed,_
_Air Marshall_
_Rivis_

#DulceBellumInexpertis
#WarIsSweetToTheInexperienced

Written and composed by
Fashoyin Adebiyi _(Frizzy)_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VERSUS (Good vs Bad)

BROKEN (FEATURED POST)

When Someone Truly Cares